Friday, April 07, 2006

Justice for All

If criminals get a state appointed lawyer to represent them, then I should get a state appointed accountant to file my taxes. I don't see why I should have to pay anyone to compute my taxes for me if people don't have to pay for lawyers when they're hauled into court. I am just as bad at crunching numbers as the average joe would be defending himself in the face of a prosecutor. I should be protected from myself at tax time.

Here's the story. Last night I was working on taxes and I was NOT happy with the result. I knew that I should get more money back than it said, but I couldn't make it work. Tonight I'm going back over it, and BAM there it is: I forgot to figure in my exemption.

What kind of an idiot forgets to figure in an exemption? It's right there on line 42. And the sad part is, I knew that something like that should be there, and I read over the form several times, and I still did not see the blank for the exemption. The IRS cannot make forms easy, no matter how hard they try, and people like me who suffer from an aversion to numbers should not have to face our worst fears by demonstrating our numeracy prowess for an IRS auditor.

Rally with me! Cry out with me! Let us make our voices heard! No taxation without representation (by an accountant)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home